-13 follows the success of previous Fπ conferences organized in Japan (Osaka in 1989, 1999, and 2006 and Kobe in 1992), USA (Santa Cruz in 1995, Ithaca in 2004, Atlanta in 2009), Europe (Ulm, Germany, in 2002, Graz, Austria, in 2008 and Arcachon, France in 2013), and China (Beijing, in 2011). It initially started as the “International Symposium on Functional Dyes” in Osaka. In order to broaden the scope of the conference and to adjust to developments in academic and industrial research, it was renamed to the “International Symposium on Functional π-Electron Systems” in 2002.
-13 anticipates participants from all over the world to discuss their new achievements in research fields including:
- design and synthesis of new π-conjugated molecules and polymers
- organic and polymeric semiconducting materials for thin film transistors
- organic and polymeric photovoltaic and photo-detective materials and devices
- organic light-emitting materials for display and lighting application
- hybrid/perovskite materials and devices
- conjugated polymers and oligomers in chemo/bio-sensors